25 August 2018

Alan

I live in a town which is closely linked to Alan Turing's life. One of the first pieces of public art commemorating him is just a few miles from where I live. His work has always fascinated me, and I even spent my last birthday at Bletchley Park - I still have the annual ticket. I must remember to give the place another visit in the next two months!
Anyway -- I heard this lovely song on a French radio programme dedicated to Alan Turing this evening. I can't believe I've never heard it before. I'm a big fan of the chorus vocals, and the outro makes me remember being 16 and playing with my first synth in a sunlit room for the first time in my life (oh to go back there) ...I'm convinced that if it wasn't for Alan, synthesizers and computer music would not have developed as fast as they have. 


No comments:

Post a Comment